- 6 months ago
BTS, EXO, TWICE, and Red Velvet have all been nominated for both Album and Digital song category in the 33rd Golden Disc Awards.
Golden Disk Awards opened its official website on 7th December and unveiled candidates for each category. According to the report, 30 teams were nominated in the Digital song and Album categories, and 10 teams were nominated for the rookie of the year award.
What draws attention from the list is that four of the popular idol groups, including BTS, EXO, TWICE and Red Velvet, have been nominated for the prize in both Album and Digital song categories.
“The fact that BTS, EXO, TWICE, and Red Velvet have released songs and albums in both Album and Digital song categories proves that sales of Album and Digital song have been evenly distributed throughout the year,” said Golden Disc Awards.
Golden Disc Awards is presented annually to recognize the outstanding achievements of K-POP industry.
It was first established in 1986 and has continued to significantly contribute to the growth of Korean music industry by fostering a creative environment and encouraging new talents.
Golden Disc Awards has been recognized as “The Most Favored Awards by Artists” through its fairness and objectivity since its first ceremony.
Since winners are determined mostly by both album sales and digital streaming, it is most trusted and loved by artists and fans. Golden Disc Awards precisely reflects the annual K-POP music industry, thus marking the award in the highest authority.
Winner Selection Process
Digital Song/Album of the Year and Division Winners
– Sales (70%) + Expert Evaluation (30%)
– Expert evaluation assess overall music success and social and cultural impact along with total sales volume
– The evaluation committee judges nominee selections, fairness of criteria, relevance of categories, suitability of standards and more
– An evaluation group composed of 30 industry officials of K-Pop reporters, music program producers, pop culture critics, major distribution officials, with Golden Disc Awards evaluation committee judges nominees based on sales
– A different selection criteria applies for those who have excelled in leading the trend of any genre of the music industry
Rookie Artist of the Year
– Same criteria applies for person/team who debuted during the applied period
Popular Vote Award
– 100% of the result of fan votes